22.4.17

Touch Minerals Loose Powder

Received my Touch Minerals Loose Powder in 01 Candy Blush earlier this week so I decided to share it with you guys!

Why loose powder? Loose powder is finer [halus] than pressed/compact powder, so it tends to settle into fine lines and wrinkles more easily than pressed/compact powder does; to blur out/soften the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Since the powder is finer, it's definitely the best choice for oily skin because it contains less oil than pressed/compact powder.

Loose powder, also known as setting powder, generally isn't used on it's own. You apply it after foundation to set your makeup to make it lasts longer. I enjoy setting my face with loose powder than compact/pressed powder because after applying moisturizer/primer, foundation and sunscreen, I really need to set my makeup or else everything will melt down and leave my skin feeling greasy/oily. Besides setting spray, loose powder also helps in setting my makeup to make it lasts longer. Whenever I want a sheer look, I apply my loose powder with a buffing brush. On days when I want slightly more coverage and matte finish, I use a cotton powder puff [a must have for sensitive skin] to apply my loose powder. [cotton powder puff usually comes together with any loose powder, including this one ↓ ]
Touch Minerals claimed that this loose powder is ...
# Collagen Infused: helps maintain skin moisture
# Preservatives Free: prevents skin irritation
# Talc [talcum] Free: helps prevent breakouts and clogged pores
# Lasts Up to 16-Hours: oil-free/less for longer hours
# SPF25 Sun Protection: a non oily alternative to traditional sunblock lotions
# Absorbs Excess Oil: matte face all day, everyday!
# Colour Rich Formulation: helps with skin discolourations
# Contains Anti-Bacterial Minerals: helps prevent skin redness and breakouts
After few tries this week, here's my Pros & Cons on this product :

— Pros:
>> Compact size, travel-friendly!
>> Helps mattify my foundation and blends well.
>> Pigmented in colour, helps to even out my skin tone.
>> No more oily nose!
>> Skin still looking good, not cakey even after 5 hours without touch ups.
>> Lightweight texture! Not thick at all.
>> Affordable! [RM 39.90]

— Cons:
>> Does not conceal my sins and flaws


In order to get your flaws totally concealed, it's recommended to apply whatever concealer you have first, dab it with finger/beauty blender and touch up with this loose powder for flawless finish! If you want more coverage, it's better to use compact powder first and loose powder for touch ups. I've been using Chanel's Poudre Universelle Libre loose powder before I got my hands on this one but I found myself reaching for Touch Minerals' more these past few days. Chanel's texture is kinda thick so I prefer Touch Minerals' texture more since the texture is lightweight so I don't feel bad wearing it everyday. It feels like, I don't have too much makeups on. On normal days, all I need are just my CC Cream + Sunscreen + Touch Minerals loose powder and I'm all set!

So far, I'm loving this Malaysian-made loose powder by Touch Minerals. There are 5 colours to choose from, available for all skin tones and undertones. If you'd like to give it a try, give Alia a hola and grab yours! [CLICK HERE TO GIVE ALIA SOME ❤️❤️]

Thank you @touchmineralsmy @touchmineralsuluklang for getting my hands on this goodie! MAJOR LOVE. xx

No comments: