18.9.16

Innisfree Jeju Lava Seawater

Earlier this week, I redeemed my secret gift from Jeju! If you're an Innisfree VIP member card holder, don't forget to get yours! Thank you Innisfree Malaysia for the honour, to be among the earliest ones to try some samples of the upcoming anti-aging line; Jeju Lava Seawater. I personally think, Korean products work best for us with Asian skin since I find most of Korean products work on me better than the westerns', and they're affordable too! This new line claimed to moisturise and smooth out skin while fighting signs of aging; which I think, yes they do leave my skin smoother and keep it moisturised.

Just in time, I just had my 25th birthday last August. Once we reached our 20s, our skin will start to settle down after all the hassle our poor skin had gone through during the hormone upheaval of our teenage years [God knows]. In our early 20s, our skin's oil [sebum] production level may still be high therefore we may still suffer from acne/spots but our skin will slowly show signs of dryness as we aged towards mid 20s. On the bright side, dryness reduces the risk of spots, blackheads and acne! But on the other hand, it promotes the first fine lines around our lips and eyes [I'm so not ready for this!]. If you have super-oily skin, be proud of your skin! Oily skin tends to age slower than dry skin. *jealous mode-on here*

This new Innisfree's line claimed to be suited for all skin types. DO NOT use it if you are sensitive to fragrances and botanical extracts. Please check the ingredients if you have allergies. After 2 days of using this [I know its too early but here we go~ :p], personally I don't think its moisturising enough to be used as night cream for my dry skin. For night cream, I usually use either Laneige's Multi Berry Yogurt Pack or Soap&Glory Beauty Sleep Accelerator; best used during long flights too! Besides keeping my skin feeling hydrated and looking dewy, they somehow repaired my skin too.
However, I enjoyed using Jeju Lava Seawater during day time. The essence and moisturizers hold my makeups pretty well too! They are all lightweight and absorb quickly into the skin without leaving any sticky feeling or traces. I personally think it might work on oily skin pretty well, since they are entirely watery without any hints of oiliness or leaving any greasy residue. It leaves my face feeling matte but hydrated at the same time! [Can you imagine?] Living in a tropical country [indoor heat, hot showers, sunny weather], can strip away our skin's natural oil and certainly making our skin looking dull. Moisturisers are very important, no matter what skin type you have.

Conclusion, Innisfree Jeju Lava Seawater isn't a holy grail anti-aging product. It does not reduce my redness, brighten the skin, nor provide any noticeable firming effects. I find it more towards hydrating by keeping my skin's moisture retention and antioxidant protection. Suits best for those who are in their early and mid 20s with oily skin and combination skin.

Innisfree Jeju Lava Seawater line consists of Innisfree Jeju Lava Seawater Skin [toner], Innisfree Jeju Lava Seawater Lotion [moisturiser], Innisfree Jeju Lava Seawater Essence [serum], Innisfree Jeju Lava Seawater Deep Essence [serum] and Innisfree Jeju Lava Seawater Cream [moisturiser].

Innisfree Jeju Lava Seawater will be in all Innisfree Malaysia stores starting this 1st October 2016!



What's your favourite product from Innisfree? Leave a comment below! (: xx

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I got mine at seoulcheap.com already. They provide free shipping to Malaysia. Good price thou :)

IllyIllyana said...

Thanks for the info! But I find the stuffs in seoulcheap are slightly more expensive than in stores. Hehehehe